I’ve got a collection of milk jugs that I have really had no clue what I was keeping them for, but I just knew that I would figure out something amazing to do with them. So, this afternoon after browsing Pinterest (again), I have found just exactly what I am going to do with them!! Loving this idea that originally came from Family Fun:
These decoupaged milk jugs are great for transporting toys, dumping them on the ground, and scooping them up again when playtime is done. Make a waterproof version by cutting drainage holes in the bottom and decorating the jug with permanent markers; it’s perfect for skimming toys from the bathtub.
- Craft knife (parents only) or scissors
- Gallon jug
- Colored tissue paper
- 2 1/2-inch-wide can
- Glue stick
- Mod Podge
- Cut the gallon jug as shown, leaving the handle section intact.
- To create multiple tissue-paper circles quickly, stack and fold the paper into several layers. Use the can to trace a circle onto the paper, then cut out the stack of circles.
- Adhere the tissue-paper circles to the jug with a glue stick.
- Brush Mod Podge on top of the circles to seal them.
What a great idea right?!? One of the things I hate about bathtub toys is fishing them out!!
And let’s not forget another cute idea for those milk jugs! Since Halloween is just around the corner, you can turn them into the favorite cute little ghosts: